The season for party and holiday is now, don’t want to miss any shining moment? Fancy more likes on Instagram? Then you probably need a nice instant camera.
So why an instant camera? In the era of digital and smart phone cameras, instant camera (once known as polaroid) has made an impressive comeback in recent years. While people are enjoying the convenience of digital photos, many find the classical polaroids, after upgrade, become a great gadget to produce physical photos with various effects without waiting for printing. As a result, today owing an instant camera is considered to be a stylish way to record and share the sparkles of life.
We present this buying guide and a hand-pick review of Best Polaroid Camera 2017 especially for you.
Buying Guide- How to Choose?
With so many attractive options on market, it is not an easy task to choose a suitable one by just checking the look and price. Here are some essential points to ensure that the one you pick is the one you need.
The essential factor that we concerns most. The picture quality is actually depended on light, film, items you shot ect. Some instant cameras come with light adjustment control and shooting modes, which will enhance the picture quality to your expectation.
There are 2 major brands: Fujifilm and Zink (Zero Ink). Fujifilm offers a larger variety of fancy films and its regular films are cheaper than Zink. On the other hand Zink is said to present more vivid touches to your photos. Some instant cameras only support Fujifilm while others only work with Zink. The film size is also something to take into consideration: is the common size, while wide size
More exposure modes and adjustment dials will enable you to find the best combo for different scenes. In addition to regular Bright/Dark mode, some instant cameras offer night mode, indoor/outdoor mode, and mode for fast moving subjects.
Unlike old cameras, today most instant cameras are powered by rechargeable lithium batteries. While most people expect an instant camera to be slim or pocket-size, this may sacrifice its battery capacity. The regular battery capacity should last 8-10 film packs.
Some instant cameras feature a retro reminiscent design, while others has a modern minimalist look as most digital cameras. It’s really up to everyone’s preference, yet most retro designs are not pocket-friendly.
Top 10 Instant Cameras Review
1. Top Pick- Fujifilm Instax Mini 8
Our top pick Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 is everything you could imagine of an instant camera. It presents cute colorful and super compact design, which is a definitely killer for girls and youngster. Also we are impressed by its solid performance and handy design.
The Instax mini 9 automatically determines the best brightness for taking a picture, and informs you of the suitable setting by lighting the corresponding lamp. You can set the brightness adjustment dial to the high-key mode to take pictures with a softer impression. The film cartridges are super easy to load and unload. Just perfect for capturing any moment worth remembering. Features:
- New slimmer and lighter body
- Automatic exposure measurement. The camera signals the recommended aperture setting with a flashing LED. This helps capture the perfect photo every time.
- New High-Key mode – Take brighter pictures with a soft look – perfect for portraits.
- New improved viewfinder for greater clarity and visibility.
2. Fujifilm Instax Wide 300
While most instant camera is designed for selfies and still life, the Instax Wide 300 will meet your need for wider views. Its wide format photography is fun when people get together. We totally recommend Instax Wide film for vivid, high-quality instant prints to take photos twice as wide as mini instant cameras.
In addition, it has a brand new modern look (just like other DSPLs) and many improved features such as tripod socket, real image finder and lens ring dial with focus zone setting. Although it’s a bit bulky but the pictures are amazing, and is very easy to use with a long battery life. The close-up lens even makes talking selfies easy.
- Automatic extending 95mm f14 lens with two focus zones (0.9 to 3m and 3m to infinity)
- Optical viewfinder.Tri-pod socket
- Picture Size 62 mm × 99 mm
- Light and Dark control to help add high and low-key effects in the picture
- Works with FUJIFILM instax Wide Film only – ISO800
3. Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera
Ranking just below the Fujifilm Instax series is the Polaroid Snap camera. It features a capturing Minimalist design and a pocket-friendly size. In addition to its compact footprint and classic Polaroid instant camera experience, it combines digital imaging with Zero Ink printing. Simply point and click to print vibrant, high-quality photos that you can share.
There is a distinctive SD card slot. Technically, if you put a microSD card in a Snap, you can use the Snap without ZINK paper, and you can access the images by putting the microSD card into another device or by connecting the Snap to a computer with the included USB cable (which is also the charging cable).
- Six different capture modes, including black-and-white and a vintage-look sepia tone, allow you to add an artistic touch to your instant prints.
- Striking Minimalist Design is Reminiscent of all Classic Polaroid Instant Cameras
- Compact Size Slips Neatly Into Your Shirt Pocket; Price is Equally Wallet-Friendly
- 10-Megapixel Sensor Captures Brilliant Images; Micro SD Slot Holds 32GB (Max)
- Integrated ZINK Instant Printer Produces Full-Color 2×3″ Prints in Under 1 Minute (Available Separately)
- Adhesive Back Makes for Easy Posting; Digital Copy is Saved for PC/Social Media
4. Fujifilm Instax Mini 90
The INSTAX Mini 90 combines a premium build quality with a stylish, retro camera design that offers a full range of camera functions. The instant camera offers advanced features, such as bulb and double exposures, that are attractions of traditional analog cameras and offer an enhanced capability to capture light creatively.
The Instax mini 90 is also equipped with new functions and features like macro mode and high performance flash. Among all the features we especially prefer two modes- The party mode enables the background as well as the subject to be captured brightly. The kids mode is helpful to capture fast moving subjects like children and animals. Brightness control dial as smart phone cameras.
- Automatically detects the brightness of the surrounding and adjusts the amount of flash and shutter speed to optimize photo quality
- Double exposure mode 2 images are produced on 1 film sheet by pressing the shutter twice
- Bulb mode the shutter remains open while the shutter button is depressed (10 seconds maximum) and a light trail can be photographed
- Macro mode short distance photography as close as 30-60cm
- Kids mode suitable for photographing kids, pets and other fast moving subjects due to a fast shutter speed
5. Polaroid PIC-300 Instant Film Camera
The Polaroid PIC-300 is adorable and great for events and vintage-themed weddings. For its size and price, it is great for teenagers who love taking photos. Using inkless Zink films, you will get nice vivid photos. Each photo print is dry-to-the-touch, water resistant and features an adhesive back
The camera prints pictures about the size of a business card (1.8 inches x 2.4 inches) on paper that’s 2.1 inches x 3.4 inches.
- Four scene settings help capture the perfect shot in any light
- Works with Polaroid 300 Instant Film
- Automatic Flash feature
- 1/60 sec electronic shutter
- Takes business card size instant color photos
- Auto flash in low light, auto adjust
6. Fujifilm Instax Hello Kitty
Fujifilm’s popular mini 8 instant camera has morphed into Hello Kitty. You can take a high-key photo easily and also gorgeous selfies by a selfie mirror. Similar to Fujifilm mini 8, you can set the brightness adjustment dial to the high-key mode mark.
The Hello Kitty Instax is equipped with a close-up lens for shots up to 35 cm from the subject – to create an enlarged image of small subject. Besides, it features limited edition Hello Kitty accessories including Special Hello Kitty film, stickers and shoulder strap. It is a perfect gift for girls!
- New High-Key mode – Take brighter pictures with a soft look – perfect for portraits.
- Comes with limited edition accessories including Hello Kitty film, stickers, and shoulder strap
- Please Note: Kindly refer the User Manual before use.
7. Polaroid Z2300 10MP Digital Instant Camera
The Polaroid Z2300 is a nice-looking powerful instant digital camera- Yes, it works great as any instant camera or digital camera. It offers options that are nowhere else to find. You can use it as an instant camera- snap, print (choose which one to print to save films!), and share instant photos. And you can shot like a digital camera- save and share your moments with the camera’s built-in memory (and up to 32GB extendable SD card). Combine the magic of Polaroid Instant with the ability to crop, add borders, or apply filters.
To our surprise, Polaroid’s Z2300B also includes a built-in speaker system coupled with a microphone that allows you to record 720p HD videos.
- Compact size and usability with 3.0″ bright color LCD for viewing images
- Prints 2×3″ full color images in less than 1 minute
- Prints instantly with ZINK® Zero ink® printing technology
- SD compatible for expanded memory, up to 32GB
8. Fujifilm INSTAX 210
The Fujifilm INSTAX 210 is a wide instant camera with satisfying price-performance. With its rounded shape, easy-to-hold side grip, and fingertip controllable composite control panel, the Instax 210 offers vivid, high-quality prints almost instantly. Although the camera’s size won’t fit in a purse, the images that come out are at least the size of two Instax mini photos, which means you can fit much more on the film that with a Mini.
There are 3 buttons- lighten, darken, and normal button that you press for more customized options. The lightened image had very vibrant coloring and turned out pretty great with minimal wash out.
- Programmed electronic shutter, 1/64-1/200 sec
- Automatic flash for low-light shooting
- Two-range selectable shooting options: 0.9-3m and 3m-Infinity
- Low light auto flash. Print: 4.25 x 3.4″ / 108 x 86mm
- LCD control panel displaying focal distance and film count
9. Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer
The last on our list is not actually an instant camera, yet it is equally magical and fun. With Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer, you can now enjoy all the power and fun of polaroid instant cameras without the need for the actual camera. This brand new standalone mobile printer is designed to print vibrant, colorful photos from a variety of sources.
It is so easy to use that you don’t actually need a user manual. Simply connect your iOS or Android smartphones, tablets and other devices over Bluetooth or NFC, and print wirelessly from anywhere within range. With a few finger taps, you can edit your photos before printing. Add emojis, voice recordings, general text, links and a lot more. A perfect teenage gift or a travel buddy.
- 2×3″ Photos Are Full-Color & Smudge-Proof, and Feature Peel-Back, Sticky Paper
- Prints Directly from Your Mobile Phone or Tablet via Bluetooth or NFC Technology
- Measures a Compact 2.9 Inches x 4.7 Inches x 0.9 Inches; Weighs Just 6.6 Ounces
- Works With PREMIUM Zink zero papers – ZINK Paper Means No Ink. No Hassles
- Your Purchase Includes a FREE Download of Polaroid ZIP App for iOS & Android